RSA® Conference, the world’s largest information security conference, draws more than 45,000 global cybersecurity professionals and 600+ exhibitors, and hosts over 550 sessions. It is an educational platform for exchanging ideas, sharing best practices, discussing current national and international policies, and identifying future threats in cybersecurity.
RSA Conference 2019 and the Security Scholar Program will take place at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, March 4–8, 2019.
Apply through CLTC to be an RSA Security Scholar
The RSA® Conference Security Scholar program occurs during RSA® Conference and connects 80 top cybersecurity students with leading experts, peers, and conference attendees. The goal of the program is to share knowledge, experience, and connections to enrich the discourse on how to stay ahead of cyber threats.
The Center for Long-Term Cybersecurity will select two CLTC-affiliated students to represent the Center as RSAC Security Scholars. RSAC Security Scholars will:
- Present to RSAC attendees, potential employers, and fellow students at the RSAC Scholar Poster Board Session
- Participate in private functions and meet industry experts, academic colleagues, and potential employers
RSAC Security Scholars will receive:
- Travel and hotel expenses paid (if traveling farther than 50 miles, economy airfare up to $800 — exceptions made upon review. Hotel accommodations for four nights provided and booked by RSAC at a RSAC Security Scholar-preferred hotel.)
- Full conference access on Thursday, March 7 and Friday, March 8 to more than 150 sessions and keynotes
- Please submit applications using this form.
- Application deadline: October 9, 2018 at 11:59 PM
- If you are a student and you have engaged directly with the Center for Long-Term Cybersecurity, then you can apply for this scholarship opportunity. Engagements that qualify you as a CLTC-affiliated student include, but are not limited to: student researcher on a CLTC-funded project, CLTC GSR, CLTC Reading Group participant, and/or CLTC Student Assistants. If you have questions regarding your eligibility for this scholarship opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
- Decisions will be made on or before October 16, 2018 and the two selected RSAC Security Scholars will be notified via email.
Required application materials:
- CV or resume
- Poster session abstract (max 300 words; additional supporting material optional)
- Statement of interest: How would you and your work benefit from being a RSAC Security Scholar and participating in the RSA Conference? (max 300 words)
- Meet the Legends. Participate in private functions and meet industry movers and shakers. Previous industry authorities have included Whit Diffie, General Keith Alexander, and Dmitri Alperovitch.
- Enhance Your Learning. Hear from the experts and learn about the latest industry discoveries during Conference sessions and keynotes.
- Make Career-long Connections. Meet talented students from across the nation who will become valuable colleagues throughout your career.
- Network with Future Employers. Connect with potential employers and learn about problems that the industry is trying to solve today.
- Share Your Knowledge. Showcase your work to fellow university students, RSAC attendees and potential employers at the Security Scholar Poster Session.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.