SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Sr. Manager, Cyber Security Operations and Threat Intelligence
We are a target of nation states and other cyber criminals, focused on everything from financial crime and brand destruction to space-launch capability. Information drives our business and we must protect against unauthorized changes, improper destruction, loss, or theft of that information. It is paramount that we defend against loss of control or confidence in our systems, in order to guarantee the highest probability of success – in addition to the value and competitive edge our intellectual property affords us. The Senior Manager of Threat Intelligence and Operations is responsible for managing Information Security professional staff, processes, and technologies to defend and protect SpaceX systems and information assets against cyber-attack and adversaries.
This individual will be a subject matter expert in cybersecurity defense and will lead a team of security professionals to design and execute best-in-class network/systems monitoring, preventative and detective controls, insider threat programs, forensics and investigations, vulnerability management and cyber threat intelligence activities. The role will drive the creation and execution of plans for incident response and leading the incident response team through major incidents. The manager will develop and maintain key relationships with external cyber security organizations and federal/state law enforcement and regulatory agencies. The manager is operationally focused in the defense of SpaceX’s network while strategically positioning the organization in preparation for increasing complexity and emerging threats.
- Lead the design and execution of the enterprise security operations processes, procedures, and playbooks
- Oversee and lead the security operations team in identification and response to cyber threat activities
- Lead and manage technology vulnerability identification and remediation/patching of priority vulnerabilities
- Develop and lead cyber threat intelligence efforts to identify and analyze long-term and short-term cyber threat actor groups, techniques and tactics to inform information security defenses and technology decisions
- Manage team of engineers and subject matter specialists to ensure continued success and growth
- Manage security operations projects, including process improvement and technology investment
- Develop and communicate to peers, business partners, and management aspects of cyber defense, including crisis/incident communications, investigative results and training and awareness of the cyber threat landscape
- Promote team growth. Triage and resolve escalations of issues. Enable the team to work in a collaborative way with other groups within security, information technology, legal, etc.
- Provide management with weekly, monthly and quarterly metrics for both risk and performance, and measurements of colleague performance
- Define and maintain the roadmap of program and technology changes being driven by the SOC and incident response information security organization
- Manage and maintain relationships with external sources of information security information that can be used to manage our security program
- Grow the team with the organization to meet needs and requirements