The Internet Society is looking for a Senior Policy and Advocacy Expert in the Washington, DC metro area to join our team to advocate for an open, globally connected, secure and trustworthy Internet for everyone. This position offers an exciting opportunity to join a global team of Internet experts and help drive campaigns that promote and defend the Internet both in Washington, DC and across the globe. You’ll bring Internet policy expertise, advocacy experience, leadership skills, and a strong network of contacts to advance our projects and help shape the future work of the Internet Society.
Location: Remote – Washington DC area
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Position the Internet Society’s policy agenda strategically and powerfully with policymakers, partners and influencers in Washington, DC.
- Drive advocacy activities on Internet policy issues based on Internet Society projects.
- Craft Internet Society positions, engagement processes, and other policy activities.
- Monitor the US policy and regulatory landscape to identify and assess developments and proposals that could negatively impact the Internet
- Work in collaboration with project experts across the globe to mobilize partners and community members to advocate for policy changes that protect an open, globally connected, secure and trustworthy Internet.
- Represent the Internet Society in a variety of settings, including in the media, and with governments, regional and international policy and technical fora, civil society and the private sector in a manner that maintains the high standards of the Society.
- Research, write and edit briefing documents, papers, reports, talking points, presentations/speeches, and other materials to advance policy goals
- Other duties as assigned