The Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for participating in threat actor-based intelligence analysis, creating relevant, timely and actionable intelligence products, and provide support to incident response and cyber threat hunting.
The focus of the Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst is to defend against adversarial activity by collecting intelligence that matters and producing tailored analysis driving active cyber defense efforts to deter successful exploitation. The Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst will use data analysis, threat intelligence, and cutting-edge security technologies. The Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst will directly support the Cybersecurity Operation teams by applying analytic and technical skills to identify malicious activity, APT groups and potential insider threats, and in some cases assist in performing incident response.
This role is for a senior analyst with experience who can provide input on building/improving our current capabilities. This is not an
entry level position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify cyber threats, trends and new developments on various cybersecurity topics by analyzing open source intelligence and data which includes geopolitical and transnational events.
- Produce quality intelligence reports for management and other teams. Be able to articulate and communicate intelligence openly and publicly at all levels of the business.
- Apply analytic tradecraft to intelligence. Investigate, document, and report on cybersecurity issues and emerging trends.
- Identify and monitor the Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) used by cyber threat actors by analyzing open source intelligence and data.
- Provide actionable strategic, technical, and tactical cyber information and intelligence through reports, briefings, and presentations.
- Make analytical predictions about cyber adversaries and their future activities based upon known TTPs.
- Identify threats by performing relevant research and data analysis using both internal and external tools and resources.
- Establish industry cyber leadership and law enforcement relationships.
- Follow relevant trends surrounding practices involving cyber security analysis.
- Provide independent critical thinking to diagnose and analyze threat intelligence data and making decisions on response and remediation.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).