- Gather external feedback on Facebook’s product policies and our approach to News Feed ranking as part of our policy development process.
- Craft engagement strategies with advocacy groups, academics, think tanks, and governmental and non-organizations in relation to Facebook’s product policies.
- Identify key markets and strategic opportunities for external engagement in relation to these policies.
- Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders who have expertise relating to our product policies.
- Represent Facebook’s Product Policy team in external engagements.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams at Facebook to increase transparency around our product policies and our approach to content moderation, including our use of automation.
- Develop tools and metrics for measuring the impact of external engagement in the policy field.
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's
- 5+ years of experience in a public policy field
- Bachelor’s Degree in law, journalism, policy, international relations, business, corporate social responsibility, or equivalent field
- Experience working with governmental or non-governmental organizations relating to policy issues
- Experience with project management
- Experience with establishing processes and metrics to measure the success of policy initiatives
- Experience articulating policy positions in external settings
- Experience prioritizing projects and interacting with different levels, both internally and externally
- Post-graduate degree in public policy, communications, law, business, computer science, or related field
- Experience in collaboration between technology companies and the civil sector
- Experience in developing policies for content moderation, internet advertising, or related technology areas
- Experience in local stakeholder engagement initiatives
Posted: December 10, 2018
<< Back to Job-Board