Facebook strives to honor people’s data in everything we do, and ensure that data is used in a legal and authorized manner. Understanding that there is limitless potential for the use of personal data, Facebook is committed to the development of a robust Global Privacy Team that is ready to take on the challenge of safeguarding and preserving the privacy choices of every individual user. The Privacy Risk Program Manager will be a critical part of Facebook’s Central Privacy Program and be responsible for Privacy Risk Management related efforts.
Our organization is responsible for the design, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of the company’s Privacy Program. We develop frameworks to ensure people’s privacy is at the center of our products and services, and that we’re complying with our regulatory obligations — all while maintaining Facebook’s core culture. We partner with teams from every org to better document our current practices, scale our safeguards, and identify gaps; and together, we are building an industry-leading privacy compliance program.
- Support the design, build and execution of industry leading risk management programs, including risk assessments, risk modeling, risk treatment strategies, reporting and monitoring.
- Interpret data processing activities, systems and operational practices in order to understand and interpret our risk environment.
- Conduct Privacy Risk assessments by analyzing the current risks and identifying potential risks that are affecting the business and product groups.
- Perform Privacy Risk evaluation across the company’s business and product groups handling of risks.
- Prepare reports of identified and assessed risks to the management.
- Support the process for determining appropriate risk tolerance across our risk profile.
- Providing thought partnership, risk analytics (e.g. return on Risk Mitigation investments), and recommendations around remediation, risk mitigation, or process improvement to risk owners, Compliance or other control-related functions, as well as Leadership.
- Consult and coordinate with Compliance on the creation and monitoring of risk mitigation or treatment plans.
- Manage relationships both internal and external to the privacy organization.
- Effectively communicate and interface with internal stakeholders, as well as colleagues and business partners.
- Exercise excellent people skills, be a team player with a bias to action.
- Be motivated by the opportunity to solve privacy problems within an operations environment.