Facebook’s Privacy Program Management team is chartered to ensure our program meets internal standards and regulatory obligations. This team provides the critical tools and process to support different business units to embed user privacy as one of the core tenants in their business operations and product development processes.
As Manager, Third Party Oversight and Management, you will use your expertise to decrease third party privacy risks, develop ways to improve business processes and systems supporting the third party life cycle at Facebook and give us the ability to inventory, risk-rank and assess our third parties across our third party landscape. In this role, you will interact with product, business and legal teams across the company to develop deep insights into the mechanics of how teams integrate with third parties and incorporate appropriate controls to minimize data risks.
- Manage and grow a team of individual contributors, overseeing Facebook’s cross-functional third party privacy risk assessment process across the company.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and career development to members of your team, through performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports.
- Manage day-to-day operations across multiple regions with cross-functional partners and teams.
- Establish and foster strong working relationships with various stakeholders and teams.
- Establish team goals and work with direct reports on strategies for executing, measuring progress, and sharing results.
- Establish, communicate and implement a consistent strategic vision of privacy across the company by building consensus on third party compliance and privacy risks.
- Develop and build strategic relationships with partners and business teams in order to collaborate on integrating privacy into business processes.
- Identify the roadmap that lays out the privacy compliance tasks to undertake on an annual basis in support of a robust Third-Party landscape meeting Facebook standards and regulatory obligations.
- Lead system and process improvements with business owners to enable safeguards and reduce risk.
- Conduct risk assessments to determine where systems may be vulnerable to Third Party privacy risks.
- Provide guidance to business teams on Third Party compliance and its on-going objectives. Align practical risk mitigation with business objectives and foster a risk-conscious corporate culture.
- Facilitate effective vendor risk evaluations around third parties working with Legal, business and Security teams.
- Support and develop policies and internal controls working with legal teams and business owners to ensure the company is complying with regulatory obligations on an annual basis as it relates to Third Party integrations.
- Evaluate and revise program controls, policies, and protocols working with legal and privacy product teams.
- Monitor and audit compliance efforts and benchmark against third party privacy compliance requirements.
- Facilitate appropriate training on Facebook’s Privacy Program to enable a compliant third party landscape.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and ensure user privacy is not compromised.
- Oversee documentation effort with business groups and technical writers to ensure necessary documentation is complete and effective to meet Facebook’s standards and regulatory obligations.