Responsible for managing and coordinating day-to-day cybersecurity plans and activities, including cyber defense, monitoring, and engineering. Leads overall direction and completion of cybersecurity activities, assigns tasks, and manages schedules. Manages, mentors, trains and guides the cybersecurity team. Analyzes cyber events to identify threats and leads defensive actions. Assists in developing the goals, strategy and methodologies of the PeaceHealth cyber defense program in alignment with the overall Information Security program strategy. Prepares detailed briefings of past incidents and creates and delivers presentations on current cyber defense topics to PeaceHealth caregivers and community members as needed.
- Serves as the recognized principal-level expert resource in cybersecurity planning and activities.
- Leads development and implementation of new information security systems and controls, delivering effective and pragmatic risk-prioritized solutions to pressing cybersecurity problems. Supports development, design, implementation, integration, and on-going maintenance of systems, applications, processes, security solutions and technologies, based on business and technical requirements.
- Manages the scheduling and assignment of work and priorities. Provides leadership, technical assistance, monitors quality of work, and monitors team projects. Manages, trains and mentors team members. Recommends and provides appropriate staff and manager-level training for the maintenance and enhancement of cybersecurity at PeaceHealth.
- Analyzes data from information technology and cyber defense tools to identify potential threats and defend PeaceHealth against all forms of deception and attack. Actively monitors network activity to thwart potentially damaging activities.
- Protects PeaceHealth’s information, information systems, networks and all related people by analyzing public and private information sources to develop effective defensive techniques. Assists and leads efforts to remediate vulnerabilities and works to predict types of attacks most likely to occur in the future.
- Manages the design and implementation of security response automation, integrating various information and cyber defense tools using scripting languages such as PowerShell and Python to create fast, intelligent responses to common and/or critical cyber incidents.
- Maintains and administers tools used to defend PeaceHealth against cyberattack and data loss.
- Participates in the development of plans and techniques to mitigate vulnerabilities and improve defenses. Actively participates in developing the goals, strategy and methodologies of the PeaceHealth cyber defense program in alignment with the overall Information Security program strategy.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.