As a Cybersecurity Technical Lead, Expert in the Mission-Critical Cyber Protection team, you will collaborate with other Cybersecurity groups, Information Technology partners, and business experts to identify threats to PG&E’s key cyber-assets. You will then create innovative strategies to better protect those assets, deploy technologies and processes to put those strategies into action, and evaluate the technologies and processes to demonstrate that improvements have been made.
In this role, you will also engage with project teams to support the delivery of business and operational technologies in the core lines of business at PG&E, getting a front-row view into a real-life version of the Internet of Things. You will also contribute to a rapidly growing team, with extensive leadership support, to strategically manage risk and proactively adapt to evolving threats and business needs. Risk assessment, project development, and technology deployment skills are all important. You will also be able to grow design and architectural expertise through working with our affiliated architecture group to design, develop, and implement technical solutions to meet the challenges presented by adversaries seeking to attack PG&E’s systems and compromise PG&E’s data.
The preferred work location is San Francisco, but other Bay Area locations may be considered such as Sacramento or San Ramon with regular travel to SF General Office as needed.
- Leads technology assessments to understand capabilities of required systems or networks.
- Identifies and recommends cyber strategies for technology development based on stakeholder requirements.
- Drives security reviews, identifies gaps in security architecture and designs and recommends necessary security controls to be integrated within the development lifecycle.
- Develops and recommends security controls, identifies key security objectives to maximize software and system security while minimizing disruption to plans and schedules.
- Leads translation of security controls into technical specifications and guidance to stakeholders to ensure common understanding across the stakeholders and enable adequate implementation.
- Actively recommends engineering solutions in collaboration with Cybersecurity Architects and product owners to remediate inherent cyber security risks.
- Provides peer review and support for organizational deliverables.