The Cybersecurity IT Solutions Engineer, Senior is a highly organized, thorough, security-minded problem solver focused on the protection of PG&E information system assets against compromise and cyber-attacks. The successful candidate is responsible for planning, implementing, deploying, and maintenance of security solutions to ensure the stability and security of PG&E infrastructure for both on premise data centers and cloud deployments. They will have extensive knowledge and broad functional experience with IDS/IPS, WAF, ADC, firewall, VPN across a wide range of complex architectures, platforms and mediums. This position will help in the secure deployment of network systems and help in the administration of same in a mission-critical, 24/7 environment.
The successful candidate must be able to implement high-level designs, provide constructive feedback and input to architects and update operations documentation for any new configurations or procedures resulting from changes to production environments. They must also document all work for metrics and billing reporting using a designated change management or request system. They Expert Specialist also participate in audits from outside vendors and government regulators (NERC, WECC, etc.)
- Install, configure, and maintain network security hardware, software, devices and appliances in support of PG&E on premise data centers and cloud deployments.
- Prepare network or infrastructure Visio topology diagrams, write Standard Operating Procedures and maintenance plans, and provide status reports as required.
- Participate in data calls and other operational and maintenance tasks.
- Assist with technical issues, project management, design, analysis, and implementation of network security solutions as needed.
- Develop and execute mitigation plans for technical issues.
- Prepare periodic maintenance plans and comply with change management procedures.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of company network and technology standards.
- Work closely with other IT groups to ensure systems are maintained in an efficient manner, and communicate all issues, changes, outages, and maintenance in accordance with processes, procedures, and policies.
- Responsible for technical support and administration of critical infrastructure network components (e.g., firewalls, wireless controllers, VPN, etc).