Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
Summary of Duties:
As a member of the Cyber Risk Management team, the Intern will contribute to the protection of enterprise IT and operational technology security programs that empower decision makers with actionable cyber threat intelligence, minimize cyber risk exposure, and enable business objectives. The Intern will leverage team expertise, industry best practices and research, and academic background to engage in work activities
- Support with governance of critical IT disciplines
- Assists in the development of Standard Operating Manuals for different process
- Promotes an understanding of Cyber Risk Management roles, processes and activities to business units and IT departments
- Research best business practices and standards to contribute to cyber risk decision making
- Assisting in the implementation of enterprise-wide technical security assessments
- Assisting in vulnerability scanning and assessment activities
- Support cyber threat intelligence lifecycle
- Assist in penetration testing and red to activities
- Assist with security investigations to determine root cause, impact, and remediation steps
- Guide users on the usage and administration of security tools that control and monitor information security
- Generating, gathering, and tracking security metrics, developing scorecards for the metrics, and communicating the results
- Supports and participates in formal reporting
- Research, collect and analyze data
- Identify challenges/barriers and make recommendations
- Communicate effectively and professionally with key stakeholders