Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's
Education/Certifications: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and experience in security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications and network protocols or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ability to obtain and maintain National Security Clearance is also required.
Required Skills: The candidate should be well versed in the principles of information security, should understand computer networking, should have proven programming experience, and should have a broad familiarity with various information technologies. Specific skills include the following:
- Ability to grasp information quickly.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills demonstrated by the ability to make sound decisions independently.
- Ability to execute on tasks and lead projects as needed.
- Demonstrate superb communication and teamwork skills in order to effectively work with clients, IT management, and staff.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and ability to communicate about, the information security threat landscape.
- Deep understanding of all layers of the OSI model.
- Strong SIEM utilization skills.
- Strong programming knowledge in Python and/or C# (.NET). Other languages a plus.
- Ability to produce well commented code and clearly articulated documentation.
- Analyze, correlate, and data mine network traffic and event logs to identify malicious activity.
- Conduct research and development focused on the detection of tools, tactics and procedures used by modern threat actors and malware.
- Participate in or lead customer facing meetings and projects, including those that involve technical topics or technical service delivery.
- Comprehensively understand networking protocols and infrastructure designs; including routing, firewall functionality, host and network intrusion detection systems, encryption, load balancing, and other network protocols.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to technical and non-technical business representatives.
- Understand strategic objectives and vision, and work towards those goals.
Top 5 Preferred Technical Skills:
- Network forensics
- SIEM utilization
- Anomaly detection
- Software development experience involving automation and/or APIs.
- Data science, machine learning, and/or statistical modeling experience