We are seeking highly creative and intellectually curious (CCE) Engineer to be instrumental in accelerating Capital Ones transformation of Security Instrumentation and Automation. As part of an internal engineering security team, you will specialize in helping the CCE team drive security, efficacy, and data driven analysis in the Cyber Security realm. This position requires a deep knowledge of threats against endpoints, networks, applications and knowledge of attacking these same assets.
Your job is to be a double agent. You will be building/adapting Red Team exercises into an automation platform for replay in the environment to ensure the attacks we detect continue to be detected. You will work with Offense, Defense, and Risk Framework teams to deliver reports of the efficacy of our Enterprise Security Stack.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Ensure operational uptime and resiliency of the CCE platform
- Ability to plan and lead an engagement with an application team to adopt our CCE platform for Risk Controls
- Engineer, apply, and develop attacks on the CCE platform
- Generate meaningful metrics for internal customers
- Generating innovative ideas, developing proof-of-concepts and rapid prototypes alongside other engineers
- Ability to clearly articulate and explain complex concepts and technologies to a non-technical audience
- Ability to function in a rapidly evolving environment and adapt to frequent transitions in technologies and teams
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and verbal communication skills are necessary due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering teams, solving complex system problems together