The UC Berkeley Center for Long-Term Cybersecurity (CLTC) is seeking a motivated student intern to join the communications team. Digital communications include content production for the web, social media, and various campaigns, as well as support for each of CLTC’s research programs, including a flagship program in public-interest cybersecurity.
We seek students passionate about content creation, social media and marketing, and team players who will tackle the challenge of helping CLTC share a unified story through our digital media and communications.
As an intern, you will grow a communications portfolio, gain experience in a professional environment, make an impact through storytelling that supports important research, and take an active role in brainstorming and pitching content ideas with the communications team.
We are particularly searching for interns to lead social media efforts. Candidates will be up to date on the latest trends and developments in social media and knowledgeable about creating and sharing content on different platforms. Responsibilities include:
- Helping to develop and execute CLTC’s marketing and social media strategies and keeping the team updated on latest social media trends and innovations.
- Managing and growing our current marketing channels: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Medium.
- Utilizing social media analytics to improve efficacy for communications campaigns.
- Engagement: Participates in weekly communications team meetings, with the opportunity to lead on occasion
- Events: Assists at CLTC events as needed (e.g., registration, note taking, social media posting, photography)