The Center for Long-Term Cybersecurity was founded in 2015 with a major grant from the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation. Since our founding, we have received financial support from diverse sources, including private donors, and grants, and we also accept occasional cy pres court-awarded settlements.
All individual and corporate donors agree to contribute their funds as gifts in support of independent academic research and education. CLTC retains full discretion on the design, implementation, and expenditures for all activities enabled by these gifts.
Below is a list of past and present supporters of the Center (sorted alphabetically):
Gifts and Grants
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Charles Koch Foundation
- Craig Newmark Philanthropies
- HP, Inc.
- Institute for International Education
- Internet Society
- John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- Kaiser Permanente
- LA 2024 Exploratory Committee
- Microsoft, Inc.
- National Science Foundation
- New America’s PIT-UN
- Okta for Good
- Omidyar Network
- Open Philanthropy Project
- Rose Foundation for Communities and the Environment
- The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation
- UC Berkeley alumni and other individual donors