The UC Berkeley School of Information, in partnership with the Center for Long-Term Cybersecurity, is planning to launch an online professional degree in January 2018: the Master of Information and Cyber Security (MICS). We are now seeking an Academic Program Manager (APM) to lead this exciting new program.
As detailed in the job description: “In collaboration with ladder and teaching faculty, the APM will help lead, shape and grow the MICS program. The APM will develop and manage processes to recruit talented adjunct faculty, professors in residence, lecturers and postdocs, establish quality control processes for all course offerings, and ensure that the curriculum offerings adapt to changes in industry. The APM will work with the Dean, Assistant Dean and Associate Dean to expand MICS as part of the I School’s overall growth strategy. The APM will collaborate regularly with [tthe] Center for Long-Term Cybersecurity on mutually beneficial initiatives and programs. The APM will be broadly and independently responsible for the MICS program, and will coordinate with our existing Academic Director for the Master of Information and Data Science (MIDS), supervising the MIDS faculty director. The APM will also provide oversight for the I School’s day-to-day relationship with 2U, our technology partner, working closely with 2U, I School faculty and staff to deliver the highest quality online professional education.”
As his/her responsibilities, the APM will:
– Provide leadership for MICS online instructional program strategy, goals and oversight with a focus on high-quality student experience, academic rigor and leading-edge curriculum. Ensure that our program vendor, 2U, provides a high level of service and student support.
– Develop and manage processes for the recruitment, onboarding and retention of adjunct faculty, postdocs and lecturers to develop and teaching MICS courses. Institute and maintain an ongoing faculty development program focused on online teaching practices and the use of educational technologies.
– With stakeholders, manage curriculum development and course design, and build processes ensuring that each course has clear and appropriate learning objectives, interactions and activities and meets high quality standards.
– Implement and maintain online course and curriculum quality review processes focused on student outcomes and aligned with I School goals and accreditation requirements. Collaborate with Student A¿airs to assess program’s e¿ectiveness and recommend changes to program’s content, policies and procedures accordingly.
– Develop vision for and work with I School stakeholders to implement MICS immersion programs.
– Collaborate with External Relations and I School staff to build community among MICS ladder faculty, instructors and students and alumni. Develop sustainable approaching for engaging MICS alumni in fundraising and I School improvement efforts.
– Coordinate programs, fundraising (from industry) and marketing with leaders of Center for Long-Term Cybersecurity.
Required and/or desired qualifications include:
– Detailed knowledge and experience working in the administration of tier one public research universities.
– Knowledge of and experience working in information security or closely related field (Computer Science, History, Statistics, Information management, Analytics, etc.).
– Experience providing management and oversight for multi-stakeholder, bureaucratic organizations.
– Experience developing and executing workshops, conferences or immersion programs.
– Demonstrated project and team management skills.
– Advanced oral and written communication skills.
– Advanced interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse groups to achieve results.
– Advanced ability to work collaboratively with internal and external peers and managers.
– Experience developing and evaluating pedagogy (especially in course design, development, and quality improvement) strongly preferred.
– Demonstrated experience and history of planning, designing, developing, implementing, managing and growing technology-based programs in either academic or professional settings desired.
– PhD, plus 7+ years experience and/or equivalent experience/training.
Visit this website for more information!